How To Make a Screen Recording Step By Step on a Mac
Before you make a decision to record, consider if your video can take advantage of narrative. If so, a USB mic or a headset with in-line mic may be worth connecteding into your device. Here’s how you can make a screen recording on a Mac.
- Click Space + Command, and then type “quicktime player.”
- Select QuickTime Player.
- Click File.
- Select New Screen Recording.
- Click the down-pointing arrow next to the record button.
- Select an audio source if you want to narrate the video. If you want your video to be sound-free, select None.
- Click the record button.
- To start recording the whole screen, click anywhere on the screen. To record only a portion, click and drag your cursor to draw a box.
- To stop recording, click the Stop button in the menu bar.
- To save, first click File.
- Then select Save.
- Name your recording.
- Click Save.
You have actually produced a screen recording!